Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bank Negara Malaysia Money Museum and Art Centre, Kuala Lumpur

Date : 1st June 2013
Time : 930am - 1230am
Venue : Bank Negara Malaysia Money Museum and Art Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Reason : Field Trip Research

My first impression of an art centre or museum is boring, boring, sien, boring because I'm not a person who will sit or stand still there look things and discover stuff. So when there's a field trip for this subject, I got mix feeling -> Erm....museum ah? Go or not? 

So weeks before the field trip, I did visit their website for more information. Their website design was like, wow, Malaysia government website can be this nice. So I quite excited and can't wait for the field trip.

When I'm there, the architecture design was quite nice so as the interior, Clean, simple, modern and with some new media in it which we can interact with it. *Now I change my point of view towards a museum*. I can see they trying to make the museum alive which I found quite interesting for people like me which cannot stand still looking at things. Other than that, there is also a lot of things we never never never see before. I feel like I don't live in Malaysia. Saw those antique stuff is like, waaaaaah! Now I can imagine how the old time livings is like. They even display those things they use to make coins. And you can see those coin size from pearl size to nowadays 50 cent size, paper money from super big piece into nowadays standard size etc etc. And you can see, money design last time looks so nice *personally think la*

It's interesting that I will recommend my oversea friends *if i have one* to visit this museum and I would like to visit again because 2 hours is not enough. Here lepak there cakap, 2 hours is gone. Would probably spend whole day looking at those tiny tiny small small things.

If there is 3 question for me to ask anyone who create everything in this museum,
1. Why is the bank note would like to design like this (From old design to design nowadays). Is it represent Malaysia's evolution? 
2. What is the idea behind designing the museum inside out like this? Architecture and using interactive media.
3. What is the size consideration of making the paper money from so big to small? Why you will make the size nowadays as the standard size?

Let the photos show you something inside the museum :






















Please visit here to view more information about Bank Negara Malaysia Money Museum and Art Centre, Kuala Lumpur.




No comments:

Post a Comment